Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Coffee Break

Iced coffee season is upon us and, if you're like me, you need some, especially in the morning. I need coffee basically all the time. (my proud father) But since the warmer weather is starting to creep in, I opt for the iced version of the pick-me-up. However, I hate when the ice in the coffee melts. It makes it watery and no longer satisfying.

Here's a tip that's two-fold:



Make some coffee ice-cubes! Prepare a pot of coffee in the evening and let it cool.
Take an ice-cube tray (be prepared to sacrifice it for this cause because the residue and taste in the tray will last) and fill it with coffee and a splash of water. Fill a water bottle or thermos with the remaining coffee and put in the fridge. In the morning, pop out some of your coffee cubes, add your cream and sugar (if you like) and you'll have your coffee ready to go! Now you won't have to worry about it getting watered down!

Then in the evening, when you're ready to relax, pop a few coffee-cubes in a rocks glass and pour some Bailey's, Frangelico, or Amaretto over top! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment